Most first-year students will reside in double or triple rooms in one of our traditional residence halls: Belknap, Blair, Geneva Smith, Grafton, and Pemigewasset.
Newly admitted Upper Division students and Grad students are eligible to request housing in the University Apartments, Langdon Woods, Mary Lyon, and Merrill Place.
New students should begin the process of living on campus by completing the housing application for New Incoming Students.
Housing Selection Process for Continuing Students
Next Academic Year
Housing selection for continuing students kicks off in February with our annual “Open House X-travaganza”. Don’t miss this fun and informative event! Details about the Housing Selection process will be emailed to all students and posted within residence halls, on social media, and below. In addition, information sessions and Q & As will be held to answer student questions and assist with the selection process. Continuing students should always check the current Live-On Requirements before making plans to live off-campus.
Continuing Student Housing Process
There are five phases to the Housing Selection process. Each phase begins on a Monday with the submission of adjusted housing applications followed by the selection time email sent on Tuesday. Housing selection takes place Wednesday–Friday for each phase.
- Phase 1: RLC Residential Living Communities
- Phase 2: Invite Only
- Phase 3: Single Rooms
- Phase 4: Groups of 4
- Phase 5: Groups of 2, 3, and individual students
Housing applications and assignment information can be found on the Housing Portal. Available applications will be accessible to fulltime matriculated students through the housing portal.
Are You Interested in Staying in Plymouth This Summer to Study or Work?
Residential Life & Dining Services is offering an All-Inclusive housing and dining package to support your plans of taking a course, participating in an internship, or working for PSU.
What's the Cost?
- $3,268.00 includes housing and meals from May 22-August 6
- Prorated daily rates may be available, minimum stay of 7 nights
- Single occupancy, fully furnished room in the Mary Lyon community
- Discounted rate available for double occupancy
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- On-Demand streaming video service
- Parking on campus
- Limited shuttle service for shopping and local excursions
- Unlimited meals while dining facilitates are in operation
The Fine Print
- Application must be received no fewer than 2 business days prior to requested check-in date.
- Priority given to students residing on campus for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Students currently residing on campus for Spring ‘23 may remain in their space until summer housing opens on May 22, 2023 and will then transition to summer assignment in Mary Lyon.
- Students booked for Fall ‘23 may remain in their summer space after August 6 until fall assignment is available and will transition to their fall assignment once it is ready for occupancy.
- Students NOT residing on campus in the fall will check out by Sunday August 6, 2023* (unless other arrangements made in advance with Residential Life).
- Dining locations and hours of operation may vary but will include weekday (breakfast/lunch/dinner) and weekend/holiday (brunch/dinner) options.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to provide housing for students following graduation
- Students must comply with PSU and Residential Life policies and procedures
Additional Financial Information
- Students may request to stay for shorter periods but will be billed for minimum stay of 7 nights.
- Meal plan is required for any stays 7 nights or longer.
- Summer housing and meal plan fees must be paid in full (or other approved plan with Student Financial Services) prior to check in.
- This agreement may be terminated at no cost up to 48 business hours prior to scheduled check in date.
- If agreement is cancelled/terminated at any point after taking occupancy:
- Ability to return later in the summer will be managed on a case-by-case basis
- Refunds may be prorated and granted on a case-by-case basis
For special considerations and questions, please contact email@example.com
Winterim Housing Information
Students who have both a fall and spring assignment are eligible for housing during this term by submitting the winterim housing application. This application is typically available beginning in November via the link below. Winterim housing is billed separately for students in residence halls. Winter stays are included for students assigned to the apartment community though they must still submit an application. Winterim applications are due by 4:30 on the Friday before exam week. Applications submitted after this date are subject to a late fee. Please read the below Memorandum of Understanding for more information about limited/delayed campus services during this term.