Apply For Housing
Most first-year students will reside in double or triple rooms in one of our traditional residence halls: Belknap, Blair, Geneva Smith, Grafton, and Pemigewasset.
Newly admitted Upper Division students and Grad students are eligible to request housing in the University Apartments, Langdon Woods, Mary Lyon, and Merrill Place.
Housing Application Process for New Students
New students should begin the process to live on campus by completing the housing application for New Incoming Students.
- This application is typically available as follows:
- Fall Semester/Academic Year: The Fall/Academic Year housing application is typically available in mid-April and should be completed by mid-June.
- Spring Semester: Spring applications are typically available in mid-October and should be completed by early-January.
- All first-year students will be assigned to one of our traditional-style residence halls as part of the First-Year Residential Experience (FYRE). First-year students may indicate a preference for either a double or triple occupancy room.
- Entering students who will be 20 years of age by December 31 of the incoming year, and those who will be 19 years of age by September 1 and have at least 24 credits, are eligible for upper division housing options.
- Only students who will be at least 20 years of age by December 31 will have access to the room preferences and must include two unique housing preferences by clicking on the “Add Preference” button below.
- Single rooms, including private bedroom apartments, are limited and priority goes to those with a documented disability. Please see the Special Consideration step for additional information. Approved students will be assigned to a space that meets their needs. Private bedroom apartments are offered through the wait list. A link to the wait list is available on our web page under Forms and Policies.
Housing Selection Process for Continuing Students
Continuing students who were not on campus for the fall semester but are required to or want to live on campus for the spring semester (ex: study away, internship, commuter, LOA etc.), will submit the spring only housing application via the housing portal.
Next Academic Year
Continuing students will receive information in early March regarding Housing Selection for the next academic year. This process begins with e-mail notifications to all continuing students and then our annual “Housing Extravaganza” event, which usually takes place around Spring Break. Continuing students should always check the current Live-On Requirements before making plans to live off-campus.
There are 5 phases to the Housing Selection process. Each phase begins on a Monday with the submission of adjusted housing applications followed by the selection time email sent on Tuesday. Housing selection takes place Wednesday- Friday for each phase.
- Phase 1: Defined Communities
- Phase 2: Invite Only
- Phase 3: Single Rooms
- Phase 4: Groups of 4
- Phase 5: Groups of 2, 3, and individual students
Returning Student Housing Process
This will be updated and available in mid-February.
Housing applications and assignment information can be found on the Housing Portal. Available applications will be accessible to fulltime matriculated students through the housing portal.
Summer Housing Information
Summer Housing is often available to Plymouth State students who are taking summer courses or working on campus. The Summer Housing Application is typically available after spring.
Please note that no Summer Housing is available at this time due to COVID-19 precautions.
Early Spring/Winter Session Session Housing Information
Each year between fall and spring semesters, Plymouth State offers courses for this ‘Early Spring/Winter’ term. Students who have both a fall and spring assignment are eligible for housing during this term by submitting the Early Spring/Winter term housing application. This application is typically available beginning in November via the link below. The cost of an early spring/winter stay is $300 for students assigned to a residence hall. Winter stays are included for students assigned to the apartment community. Please read the below Memorandum of Understanding for more information about limited/delayed campus services during this term.